When I was trying to overcome my acne many years ago, a friend encouraged me to make a DIY face mask. I used things like cucumbers, tomatoes, yogurt, honey, eggs and other natural ingredients found in your kitchen. Today I am sharing another recipe that can help to clear up acne and possibly help with wrinkles.
DIY Face Mask
The DIY face mask I am sharing with you today only has 2 ingredients. The clay can be found easily in a health food store or online. I love the way my skin feels after washing off the mask. Another great thing about this DIY face mask is it is inexpensive! I have purchased a number of face masks over the years and they can be pretty expensive. It is my hope that you have good results from using this mask on your skin. I now only use plan tallow balm on my skin. When my skin is refreshed from washing off the mask, I apply plain tallow balm to my skin.
DIY Face Mask
Homemade face mask recipe.
- 1 tsp to 1 tbsp of Bentonite clay
- Enough filtered water to make a smooth paste to apply to skin
- Use only non-reactive utensils and materials. Do not use metal when handling bentonite clay.
- Measure 1 tsp to 1 tbsp of bentonite clay in a ceramic or glass bowl.
- Add a small amount of filtered water, enough to mix the clay to form a smooth mask or paste to apply to your skin. Start with a small amount so the mask does not become too watery.
- Use a wooden spoon or non-reactive utensil to mix. You can also use your fingers if you do not have any utensil to use. Mix until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Apply the mask to your skin evenly.
- Leave on your skin until the mask completely dries. If you apply it thinly, it dries in only a few minutes. However, if it is mask is applied on thickly, it can take 10 minutes or more to dry.
- Once the mask is dry, wash off your skin completely with water using your hands or a wet washcloth.
- Apply a natural moisturizer to your skin or plain tallow balm (with no essential oils).
- Enjoy the light and smooth feeling on your skin!